There is a variety of different weights of Traditional Haggis available in store. Please visit us and choose the size that would suit you best!
The Cooking of The Haggis
For a 2-3 lb. haggis
- Keep haggis refrigerated until ready to begin cooking
- Put enough water in a pot to cover the haggis by approximately 4 inches and bring the water to a boil
- When the water is boiling, place the haggis in the water and reduce the heat to less than a simmer
- CAUTION – DO NOT LET THE WATER BOIL AGAIN
- Gently heat the haggis for approximately 1 hour. Haggis must be cooked until it reaches an internal temperature of 74°C(165°F) at the deepest section. Use of a probe thermometer is recommended. When ready, the haggis will float in the water.
- Serve and enjoy one of Scotland’s gifts to the world!
Hint: To keep the haggis piping hot until you are ready to serve it, just leave it in the water (with the stove turned off)
*Must be served Piping Hot!!!